top of page
  • Fellow Editors

How To Exit Your Child From Special Education

1. When exiting a student from Special Education, select Amendment from the IEP module.

2. On the Student and School Information page of the student’s IEP, select the appropriate Exit Date and Exit Category. Click the SAVE button.

Note: If one of the below exit category is selected:

  • Category B-Graduated with a Maryland High School Diploma,

  • C-Received Maryland High School Certificate of Program Completion, or

  • D-Reached 21 years of age

A visual reminder will notify user to prove the Maryland Summary of Performance Report. 3. Close the Amendment. If the student is transferring to a new school, proceed to Edit Demographics to complete the transfer process.

Fellows & Editors

June 28, 2023

Please consider joining the Delmarva Parent Teacher Coalition and follow us on FaceBook to stay informed of what's really happening with education in our schools.

All copyright © information provided at no charge under the Fair Use Act and strictly for educational purposes.

77 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page